Recipe Plans for this Week

Monday, June 14, 2010

Nick and I are constantly attempting to organize our busy lives.  One way we try to organize and save money is menu planning.  Often, I simply choose 4-5 proteins (chicken, beef, ground turkey, etc.) and 8-10 vegetables (broccoli, asparagus, zucchini, etc.) and then pair them up with some quick cook brown rice.  Matching up one grilled/baked protein w/ 1-2 veggies, and then a whole grain carb...  But usually this results in Nick getting bored, or me being unimaginiative...and thus an empty blog.

Speaking of which (and off topic) we just returned from 8 days in Sarasota and Longboat Key, FL for the wedding of a close friend and his lovely new wife.  I know you all were reading this from St. Lucia...STOP!  Enjoy your honeymoon, the photos are breathtaking.  I digress.  Anyway, no updates since we were on vacation.  We did happen to be in Sarasota during the "Taste of Sarasota" restaurant week and had some fabulous food.  Most notably, the delicious cuisine of Euphemia Haye.  I could go on and on, but I'm already off topic...so I'll go back to it now...

Recipe Plans!  Essential for an organized and budgeted life!

Here are the plans for this week:

Chicken stuffed with Goat Cheese and Fresh Basil (also known as Chicken Chevre) w/ Steamed Broccoli and Brown Rice

Spaghetti with Turkey Meatballs w/ Mixed Green Salad


Lemon Oregano Roast Chicken with Spicy Roast Cauliflower and Sesame Green Beans

On another tangent, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my amazing husband!  He is 33 today and is a wonderful, loving partner and "Dadda" and a wonderful provider to our little family.  I'll update on what I got him later...

1 comments:

Pat Conaway said...

The artichoke dip was amazing. I sat by the kitchen island with some other 'fans' and we polished a good quarter of the dish during a 15-20 minute conversation about working out an eating right! : )

City 2 Burb, and all that it entails... Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino