Homemade Pizza!

Thursday, June 17, 2010

While on vacation with my husband's family, my sister-in-law Judy turned me on to a fun, easy, inexpensive dinner idea.  Making our own pizza!  Sydney loves to sprinkle the cheese on, and place the pepperoni's with me.  Its like a crafts project with food.  ;)  While the cost probably comes out close to your nearest delivery joint, I guarantee that the fun of making your own is enough to give it a try.  And the best part, is that the toppings are completely yours to choose...


Homemade Pizza

Here's what I used:

12" prepared pizza dough (I used a precooked Harris Teeter dough)
16 oz shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
14 oz jar Ragu Homestyle Pizza Sauce
1 Roma tomato, sliced into rounds
1 stem fresh basil (about 8-10 leaves)
1 package turkey pepperoni

Here's what I did:

Follow directions for your dough.  Mine was ready to dress, so I preheated the oven to 375 and got to pizza making!

Nick likes pepperoni while I prefer the more vegetable and herb pizza, so I did a half and half.  First I used about 1/2 of the Ragu sauce (which is very good, I was shocked at the flavor of this.  You can taste the oregano and seasonings) and spread it evenly to about 1" of the edge all around the pizza.  Next, add the cheese in an even layer, using the entire bag.  I then dressed my side with the tomato slices, and placed one basil leaf atop each tomato slice, and added pepperoni to the other side.

Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and crust is lightly golden brown on the edges.

3 comments:

Sippy Cup Mom said...

That looks so good! We love making our own pizza!

CFO said...

Its really fun to do as a family. :)

Anonymous said...

I can tell you that it is certainly really funny making homemade pizza as a family!
Every time I rent apartment Buenos Aires for holidays, my kids and I cook and it's so much fun!

City 2 Burb, and all that it entails... Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino