Hodge Podge Fritatta

Sunday, January 10, 2010


You know the days where you only have minimal food in your fridge, and you wonder what you're going to eat? Its too cold outside to consider driving to the grocery store, you hurt your back and just want something warm and comforting to eat? Well, maybe not all of that...but you get the picture. What the heck are you going to make for breakfast?? My own Hodge Podge Fritatta is really an homage to Goulash, or any other recipe where you just throw in what you've got and hope for the best. In this case it was REALLY successful. Everyone says so, right this very moment. Even Sydney. "Yummy Yummy?!" over and over again.

Take creative license in modifying this for what you've got laying around.

Hodge Podge Fritatta

Here's what I had (used):

1 cup mini tater tots
1 cheddar bratwurst (hot dog)
1 roma tomato, chopped
1/2 cup shredded cheddar/jack cheese mix
6 eggs, beaten
1 tbsp butter
S&P

Here's what I did:

Preheated oven to 350 degrees.

In a medium-sized skillet over medium heat I added my frozen tater tots and butter (just to keep them from sticking to the pan - you could also try Pam). About 5 minutes, and once softened, I cut each in half and let them start to crisp. At this point I cut my bratwurst lengthwise, and then into 1/4" little pieces, and added them to the skillet. Once heated through, I added the tomatoes and beaten eggs, shredded cheese, salt and pepper to taste. I stirred several times to incorporate all ingredients.

Then I put my oven-safe skillet into the oven for 15-20 minutes. Delish. Texture of a quiche. Easy, easy, easy. Everyone was happy.

THE END. :)

2 comments:

Jen O. said...

This sounds awesome! I am definitely going to have to try this since my son loves all these ingredients.

CFO said...

Thanks. Its become an instant weekend classic at our house. Throw in whatever we've got and everyone eats it up!! :)

City 2 Burb, and all that it entails... Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino