Blueberry Coffee Cake Muffins

Sunday, April 25, 2010


Sometimes your ordinary breakfast isn't enough.  You've maxed out the corn flakes, yogurt, fruit and all other ready-made choices...and you're searching for something more.  This morning I had some family coming by, my mom was bringing my sweet niece Blair over to play with Sydney.  And well, none of my breakfast options were appealing to me.  I also had some dried blueberries from Costco living in my cupboard, and I distinctly remembered an Ina Garten recipe somewhere...  Aha!  There it was.  Blueberry Coffee Cake Muffins.  And I had all the ingredients.  Well, wasn't that meant to be...

Blueberry Coffee Cake Muffins

Here's what I used:

12 tbsp unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks)
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 large eggs
1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
8 oz (1 cup) sour cream (I used light)
1/4 cup milk (I used whole)
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp kosher salt
2 pints fresh or dried blueberries (I used dried)

Here's what I did:

Preheated oven to 350 degrees and placed paper liners in muffin pan.  Sprayed just a touch of Pam into each liner to prevent sticking.  I sometimes lose the bottom of the muffin to the liner...so this helps.

In my Kitchen Aid mixer with paddle attachment, mix butter (softened) and sugar until creamy and light, about 5 minutes.  With speed on low, add eggs one at a time, vanilla, sour cream and milk.  In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients, by sifting through a fine mesh strainer.  Then add these ingredients to the mixing bowl, until just combined.  Resist the urge to overmix.

Gently fold the blueberries into the batter.  And then using an ice cream scoop or large spoon, add batter to muffin liners.  Bake for 25 minutes, or until just golden brown on top.  This mix made 16 nice sized muffins...  They didn't last long.

0 comments:

City 2 Burb, and all that it entails... Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino