No Bake Peanut Butter Pie

Monday, November 30, 2009


This recipe is RIDICULOUS. Easy. Amazing. Hands down, this was a heavy favorite from all 13 guests we had for Thanksgiving. Which is saying a lot since we also had: Fried Turkey (awesome hubby's recipe), Mashed Potatoes, a TO DIE FOR Sweet Potato Souffle, Cornbread Stuffing, Fresh Cranberry Sauce, Giblet Gravy...etc, etc, etc.

Here's what I used:

8 oz Cream Cheese
1 1/2 cups Confectioners/Powdered Sugar
1 cup Milk
1 cup Peanut Butter (creamy or crunchy -I used Jif Creamy)
16 oz Frozen Whipped Topping (Cool Whip), thawed
2 graham cracker pie crusts

***Note to the health conscious: all ingredients can be subbed for their low-fat or no-sugar counterpart. I.e. - Skim Milk, Splenda, Fat Free Cool Whip, etc. I have heard these also taste very good!!

Here's what I did:

I used my Kitchen Aid electric stand mixer, but a hand mixer works too. First I whipped my cream cheese and powdered sugar together - it helps to let the cream cheese soften on the counter for a bit, so take it out of the fridge early... Then I added the milk and peanut butter and whipped all ingredients together until smooth. Then I tasted some. MMMmmmm. I digress.

Then with a spatula, I gently folded in the whipped topping until all ingredients were incorporated, and poured the mix into the pie crusts.

I made these a day ahead, so I froze them overnight and took them out just before serving. They are the consistency of a very light ice cream cake, so they don't stay frozen for very long. The recipe calls for 3 hours of freeze time though, so it can be made a little ahead of a dinner party, etc.

I can't describe the deliciousness and SIMPLEness of this recipe. It sort of defies logic. Something this good should be VERY hard to make...at least that would make it easier for me to NOT make this every day...

0 comments:

City 2 Burb, and all that it entails... Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino